Hi, I'm Prashant Choubey
My work as a marketer
Presently, I’m working as Head of Marketing at Metta Ventures. I take care of all things marketing, whether it’s writing blog posts, handling social media, getting into partnerships/sponsorships, hosting a podcast, and managing a small yet powerful marketing team. It’s great fun to work at Metta for the extremely liberal asynchronous style of working. I get to work on my schedule, it can be early morning or late nights, anything that works for me. It’s the same for all employees at Metta. Besides, there are close to 0 meetings, we only get on calls if it’s super necessary, else we don’t. This is a great time saver. I love Metta for how it’s being built with trust and freedom at it’s center. People are cared for and performance is measured by output, not hours worked. Just perfect.
Before this, I was working as Marketing Evangelist at CutShort.io – An AI driven career success platform for candidates and complete hiring solution for hiring companies. I learnt a ton by working there – how a bootstrapped business is run, how to grow the business without spending any money on CAC, marketing strategies across different channels and the mindset required while marketing for startups. All my work there was outcome focused (not activity focused). I was a member of a small team of ~15 that made it all possible!
My morning routine
- Wake up at 4
- Take shower
- Get ready
- Worship and chanting
- Centered routine (Meditation, yoga & breath work)- 1 hour
- Make tea for mom & dad
- Pay respect to sun
- Water plants
- Touch parents feet and seek blessings
- Plan my day in my diary
- Make & have breakfast
- Start day!
Principles I live by
- Lala – The Best Man
- Good person; enough bad.
- Mentally, physically & spritually fit & healthy.
- Supreme Discipline.
- Supreme Self-control.
- Supreme Confidence.
- No inputs.
- Mental toughness.
- Embrace discomfort.
- Best in class.
- Winning Everyday.
- No excuses.
- No days off.
- Long term mindset.
- Rest at the end,
not in the middle.
- Family man.
- ‘Ship’ towards your goals (every week)
- 10X (not 10%) Mentality.
- “Shoot bullets, not cannons.”
(Iterations over perfection)
- Proactive approach.
- Persistence & reluctance.
- Get the basics/fundamentals right!
- “Will this move you?” mentality
- Don’t give in!
- Do good first.
- Let go. Forgive.
- Start and stop on time.
- Be nice!
- Live in present moment like a child.
- Smile in every situation.
- Control sleep (fixed times)(quality sleep)
- Control food (fixed times)(right food)
- Build businesses. Sell businesses. On repeat.
- Optimizing for Freedom
- Make employees rich! (by offering equity (skin in the game), so when we sell the business, they make life-changing money)
- Leverage (marketing via personal brand)
- Documented, tracked and replicable processes. (built to sell from day 1)
- Build, retain & empower. (for humanity level impact businesses)
- Money that brings freedom.
- 25%-50%-25% split.
- 25% for myself and my family.
- 50% to empower others via investments.
- 25% to build more businesses and fund my projects.
People I look upto
- My mom for her work ethic, confidence and get her way attitude
- Taylor Swift for producing fire on stage through her blazing confidence & music.
- Kobe Bryant for greatness, and being a family man.
- Jordon Connor for indie-hacking, long term actions and passive income
- Elon Musk for ambition, craziness and risk taking ability
- Andrew Wilkinson for investing and buying businesses
- Amir Salihefendić for building remote, asynchronous & people-first businesses
- Sridhar Vembu for his simplicity and the causes he works for.
- Volodymyr Zelenskyy, President of Ukraine during the 2022 Russian Invasion of Ukraine. He stood his ground and fought for his country while being a comparatively weaker country to Russia, even when the easier option of running away was very much available to him. A true man of steel & absolute courage. That war went on for 30+ days, but had Zelenskyy fled, Ukraine wouldn’t stand Russian aggression for a week.