Hi, I'm Prashant Choubey
A creator + marketer with a keen interest in business and startups.
My work as a marketer
Presently, I’m working as Marketing Evangelist at CutShort.io – An AI driven career success platform for candidates and complete hiring solution for hiring companies. I’ve learnt a ton by working here – how a bootstrapped business is run, how to grow the business without spending any money on CAC, marketing strategies across different channels and the mindset required while marketing for startups. At this point, I can easily say CutShort is one of the best companies one can work for in India. The product solves a really big problem of hiring very well, arguably better than any other players in the Indian market right now, users are happy, growing organically month on month without burning any money, top culture, outcome focussed (not activity focussed) work and loads of learnings. I’m a proud member of the team that makes it all possible!
In the past I’ve worked with several other startups in marketing roles- including at a YC Startup Prism Labs.
I’m passionate about personal growth, marketing, future of work, building in public, creator economy, indie-hacking and lifestyle businesses.
I like playing and watching cricket. If I were not doing what I’m doing, I’d be playing professional cricket and being very good at it. But I’m happy with what I’m today. Oh and my dream is to buy the Delhi IPL team someday!
Besides cricket, I listen to music (occasionally), read books and meet interesting people.
My morning routine
- Wake up early to get a lead on the day
- Take shower
- Get ready
- Worship and thank god for everything
- Pay respect to sun
- Water plants
- Touch parents feet and seek blessings
- Excerise – 20 mins (pushups and sit-ups)
- Meditate – 30 mins
- Plan my to-do list for the day in my diary
- Have breakfast
- Start day!
This entire process takes ~2 hours to accomplish. This is also my self-care routine for I’m working on many things at a time and it’s my responsibility to ensure my body can take that much. Hence, such a long morning routine which covers almost all aspects of my personal growth and care.
Principles I live by
- Long term mindset.
- Get the basics right!
- “Will this move you?” mentality
- Don’t give in!
- Using breath (or guided meditation/bhastrika) to influence feelings like anger, lust, greed, arrogance.
- Let go. Forgive.
- Start and stop on time.
- Be nice!
- Live in present moment like a child.
- Smile in every situation.
To have some control on life:
- Control sleep (fixed times)(quality sleep)
- Control food (fixed times)(right food)
4 Pillars of Knowledge:
1. Viveka (Discrimination)
2. Vairagya (lack of feverishness in desires)
3. 6 types of wealth
– Shama (peace of mind)
– Dama (control on senses)
– Titiksha (endurance)
– Uparati (enjoy every moment)
– Sharadha (devotion to the unknown)
– Samadhna (contentment)
4. Mumukshatva (desire to be free)
People I look upto
- My mother for her work ethic, confidence and get her way attitude
- Jordon Connor for indie-hacking, long term actions and passive income
- Andrew Wilkinson for investing and buying businesses
- Amir Salihefendić for building remote, asynchronous & people-first businesses
- Sridhar Vembu for his simplicity and the causes he works for
- Elon Musk for ambition, craziness and risk taking ability
I stand for
- Equal opportunity for all.